Make your wedding reception enchanting
Thinking of having piano for your wedding drinks reception in 2023 or beyond?
After your ceremony comes the period before dinner. This is the perfect time to treat your family and friends to a two hour set of live piano playing.
Allow your guests a chance to enjoy a backdrop of beautiful piano while they become immersed in the splendour of your wedding.
Paul performs a variety of music so as to have a little something for everyone; jazz, film themes, popular songs and a touch of classical are all covered.
In addition to hiring Paul for your wedding ceremony, you can opt for one of the following two packages:
You can hire Paul to perform for:
Your ceremony and your drinks reception
Your drinks reception and your wedding meal
What kind of music do you play during the drinks reception?
I play a variety of styles during your drinks reception. I will typically lead with Popular and Rock music, interspersed with Film music and some flavours of Classical and Jazz.
How long do you typically play during the drinks reception?
My standard set is two hours of continuous music so as to lock in and give you and your guests the best value I possibly can.
Do you take requests for songs during the drinks reception?
Absolutely. I love to give most anything that guests suggest to me a go. Armed with my iPad and a WiFi connection, I can quickly pull up sheet music for anything I don’t already know.
Can you provide your own piano or do we need to arrange one?
I certainly can. I have a beautiful high-end digital piano which I use for most drinks receptions and I also have a top quality PA speaker to give the room that perfect sound that only the best pianos can offer. Nonetheless, if you have a piano in situ at your venue, I’m more than happy to play that instead, assuming it’s tuned to a reasonable standard.
Can you perform outside or does the piano need to be under cover?
I am perfectly happy playing outside and all I need is a power source. My PA speaker provides the necessary power to transport the sound over a larger distance.
Can you provide music for the entire wedding day, including the ceremony, drinks reception and meal?
Yes indeed. I have packages catering to this very scenario whereby I can offer a generous discount to you if you hire me for these two or three parts of your day.
Is it a thing to have piano during the meal?
Having piano at your wedding meal is an increasingly popular option and I’ve performed many meals as well as or instead of drinks receptions. It works beautifully as your guests are seated, the ice has been broken and everyone is in very high spirits by this point.
Can you provide a sample setlist for the drinks reception?
- Adele – Hello
- Adolphe Adam – O Holy Night
- Alan Silverstri – The Avengers (Main Theme)
- Alexandre Desplat – The Imitation Game (Main Theme)
- Aloe Blacc – I Need A Dollar
- Avicii – Without You
- Camila Cabello – Havana
- Chopin – Minute Waltz
- Claude Debussy – Clair De Lune
- Coldplay – Clocks
- Coldplay – Speed Of Sound
- Coldplay – Magic
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Danny Elfman – The Simpsons Theme
- David Guetta – Titanium
- Ed Sheeran – I See Fire
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
- Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
- Ed Sheeran – Barcelona
- Elton John – Your Song
- Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Emma Stone & Ryan Gosling – La La Land (City of Stars)
- Foals – Sunday
- Foals – Into The Surf
- Foals – London Thunder
- Foo Fighters – Times Like These
- Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
- Foster The People – Sit Next To Me
- Frank Sinatra – Fly Me To The Moon
- Frank Sinatra – Moon River
- Freya Ridings – Castles
- Green Day – Time Of Your Life
- Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child of Mine
- Gustavo Santaolalla – The Wings (Brokeback Mountain Theme)
- Hans Zimmer – Gladiator (Main Theme)
- Hans Zimmer – Planet Earth II (Main Theme)
- Hans Zimmer – Inception (Main Theme)
- Howard Blake – Walking In The Air (The Snowman)
- Howard Shore – Lord Of The Rings (Thematic Suite)
- Idina Menzel – Let It Go & Into The Unknown Mashup
- Irish Traditional – She Moved Through The Fair
- Irish Traditional – Red Is The Rose
- Irish Traditional – Give Me Your Hand
- Irish Traditional – Spancil Hill
- Irish Traditional – The Parting Glass
- Irish Traditional – The Foggy Dew
- Irish Traditional – Wild Mountain Thyme
- James Bay – Let It Go
- James Horner – A Beautiful Mind (Main Theme)
- James Pierpont – Jingle Bells
- John Legend – All of Me
- John Williams, Patrick Doyle, Nicholas Hooper – Harry Potter (Thematic Suite)
- Justin Bieber – Love Yourself
- A Million Dreams (The Greatest Showman)
- Klaus Badelt – Pirates Of The Caribbean
- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow (A Star Is Born)
- Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved
- Lily Allen – Somewhere Only We Know
- Metallica – Nothing Else Matters
- Metallica – The Unforgiven
- Michael Giacchino – The Batman
- Billie Eilish – No Time To Die
- Noel Gallagher – In The Heat Of The Moment
- Oasis – Wonderwall
- Oasis – Half The World Away
- Oasis – D’You Know What I Mean?
- Radiohead – You And Whose Army?
- Ramin Djawadi – Game of Thrones (Main Theme)
- Rihanna – Diamonds
- Snow Patrol – Run
- Snow Patrol – Life on Earth
- Snow Patrol – Take Back The City
- Take That – Greatest Day
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Tears for Fears – Mad World
- The Beatles – Blackbird
- The Beatles – Yesterday
- The Beatles – Here Comes The Sun
- U2 – With or Without You
- U2 – Stuck In A Moment
- U2 Beautiful Day
Paul is an accomplished Irish professional pianist with an impressive musical background. With over 25 years of experience playing the piano, Paul has attained Grade 8 Honours piano with the Royal Irish Academy of Music, an achievement which reflects his exceptional level of musicianship. Additionally, he holds a degree in music from Maynooth University, a testament to his dedication and passion for the art. Paul is a signature artist with Musicnotes.com, and has a thriving YouTube channel with over 2000 subscribers, where he shares his captivating performances with an engaged audience. Having played at hundreds of weddings across the country, Paul has gained a reputation for his ability to provide a premium service that brings an extra touch of elegance and sophistication to any special occasion.